Have you ever had a Packaged Bank Account with Bank of Scotland?
You could be owed £1,000s in compensation if Bank of Scotland mis-sold your Packaged Bank Account.
Many customers have been upgraded to a Packaged Current Account by Bank of Scotland. Usually Bank of Scotland charge a monthly fee for a Packaged Bank Account which can range from £5 to £25 per month in return for extra benefits in the form of insurances such as Travel Insurance, Breakdown Cover, Gadget Cover & Card Protection.
Many customers across the UK who were sold a Packaged Current Account from Bank of Scotland won't be eligible to use any of the Insurance services that that were offered because of pre-existing medical conditions or pre-existing cover elsewhere. Bank of Scotland may of enticed consumers with an offer of a Loan, Mortgage or an Overdraft Facility for having a packaged bank account.
If you feel that Bank of Scotland has given you wrong Financial Advice with your Packaged Account then start you claim by completing the form opposite.
Bank of Scotland mis-sold their Packaged Bank Accounts in various ways:
Have you ever had any of the following:
- consumers were not made aware by Bank of Scotland that they may not be eligible to claim on one or more of the bundled insurance policies.
- Bank of Scotland sold a Packaged Accounts with bundled products that customers would never need.
- Sales advisor pressured you into it, making you feel like you had no choice.
- Bank of Scotland may have advised a customer they needed a Packaged Bank Account to be eligible for credit.
Have Bank of Scotland mis-sold you a Packaged Bank Account?
- You did not ask Bank of Scotland to upgrade your account to a "fee" paying account.
- The costs/fees of the Packaged Bank Account were not clearly explained by Bank of Scotland either by an advisor or in writing.
- Bank of Scotland did not explain the Packaged Account was optional.
- You were led to believe by Bank of Scotland that you could have an overdraft, loan or mortgage if you had a packaged bank account.
- Bank of Scotland did not ask about any pre-existing insurance policies you already had in place.
- Bank of Scotland upgraded your account without your knowledge.
- Bank of Scotland did not explain all of the additional products that were inclusive of the packaged account.
If any of the above comments are relevant, you could be entitled to:
- Refund of premiums from Bank of Scotland that you paid for the package current account.
- Compensation interest at the rate of 8% per annum on the refunded premium.