Have you ever had a Packaged Bank Account with HBOS?
You could be owed £1,000s in compensation if HBOS mis-sold your Packaged Bank Account.
Many customers have been upgraded to a Packaged Current Account by HBOS. Usually HBOS charge a monthly fee for a Packaged Bank Account which can range from £5 to £25 per month in return for extra benefits in the form of insurances such as Travel Insurance, Breakdown Cover, Gadget Cover & Card Protection.
Many consumers across the UK who were sold a Packaged Current Account from HBOS won't be eligible to use any of the Insurance services that that were offered because of pre-existing medical conditions or pre-existing cover elsewhere. HBOS may of enticed consumers with an offer of a Loan, Mortgage or an Overdraft Facility for having a packaged bank account.
If you feel that HBOS has given you wrong Financial Advice with your Packaged Account then start you claim by completing the form opposite.
HBOS mis-sold their Packaged Bank Accounts in various ways:
Have you ever had any of the following:
- customers were not made aware by HBOS that they may not be eligible to claim on one or more of the bundled insurance policies.
- HBOS sold a Packaged Accounts with bundled products that customers would never need.
- Sales advisor pressured you into it, making you feel like you had no choice.
- HBOS may have informed a customer they needed a Packaged Bank Account to be eligible for credit.
Have HBOS mis-sold you a Packaged Bank Account?
- You did not ask HBOS to upgrade your account to a "fee" paying account.
- The costs/fees of the Packaged Bank Account were not clearly explained by HBOS either by an advisor or in writing.
- HBOS did not explain the Packaged Account was optional.
- You were led to believe by HBOS that you could have an overdraft, loan or mortgage if you had a packaged bank account.
- HBOS did not ask about any pre-existing insurance policies you already had in place.
- HBOS upgraded your account without your knowledge.
- HBOS did not explain all of the additional products that were inclusive of the packaged account.
If any of the above comments are relevant, you could be entitled to:
- Refund of premiums from HBOS that you paid for the package current account.
- Compensation interest at the rate of 8% per annum on the refunded premium.