Have you ever had a Packaged Bank Account with Northern Rock?
You could be owed £1,000s in compensation if Northern Rock mis-sold your Packaged Bank Account.
Many customers have been upgraded to a Packaged Current Account by Northern Rock. Usually Northern Rock charge a monthly fee for a Packaged Bank Account which can range from £5 to £25 per month in return for extra benefits in the form of insurances such as Travel Insurance, Breakdown Cover, Gadget Cover & Card Protection.
Many consumers across the UK who were sold a Packaged Current Account from Northern Rock won't be eligible to use any of the Insurance services that that were offered because of pre-existing medical conditions or pre-existing cover elsewhere. Northern Rock may of enticed customers with an offer of a Loan, Mortgage or an Overdraft Facility for having a packaged bank account.
If you feel that Northern Rock has given you wrong Financial Advice with your Packaged Account then start you claim by completing the form opposite.
Northern Rock mis-sold their Packaged Bank Accounts in various ways:
Have you ever had any of the following:
- customers were not made aware by Northern Rock that they may not be eligible to claim on one or more of the bundled insurance policies.
- Northern Rock sold a Packaged Accounts with bundled products that consumers would never need.
- Sales advisor pressured you into it, making you feel like you had no choice.
- Northern Rock may have advised a customer they needed a Packaged Bank Account to be eligible for credit.
Have Northern Rock mis-sold you a Packaged Bank Account?
- You did not ask Northern Rock to upgrade your account to a "fee" paying account.
- The costs/fees of the Packaged Bank Account were not clearly explained by Northern Rock either by an advisor or in writing.
- Northern Rock did not explain the Packaged Account was optional.
- You were led to believe by Northern Rock that you could have an overdraft, loan or mortgage if you had a packaged bank account.
- Northern Rock did not ask about any pre-existing insurance policies you already had in place.
- Northern Rock upgraded your account without your knowledge.
- Northern Rock did not explain all of the additional products that were inclusive of the packaged account.
If any of the above comments are relevant, you could be entitled to:
- Refund of premiums from Northern Rock that you paid for the package current account.
- Compensation interest at the rate of 8% per annum on the refunded premium.