Have you ever had a Pension Transfer with Colonial Mutual?
You could be owed £1,000s in compensation if Colonial Mutual mis-sold your Pension Transfer.
Many customers were informed by Colonial Mutual to transfer their pension benefits from a work based pension to a private pension. In most cases these pensions would not provide any additional benefits, Colonial Mutual did not tell their consumers that transferring their pension would typically result in a loss of benefits such as a final salary scheme or matching contributions.
Some providers such as Colonial Mutual promoted that the pension they offered would out perform the workplace pension, this would not be the case with a riskier stock based pension and the advice given to millions of clients has been condemned by the regulator of Colonial Mutual.
Were you mis-told by Colonial Mutual about Transferring your pension?
You may have been mis-sold your Pension Transfer by Colonial Mutual if any of the following statements are relevant to you:
- I was encouraged or mis-told by Colonial Mutual to transfer my workplace pension regardless of it not being in my best interest.
- I was not told or given information by Colonial Mutual about how my new pension plan would perform and work compared to my workplace pension plan.
- When I changed jobs my new employer encouraged/informed me to transfer to a personal pension or suggested that I should as they did not provide a pension scheme.
- I was not told or told by Colonial Mutual that by opting out of my company pension scheme I would lose the guaranteed benefits that were associated with my company pension scheme.
- I was not told or told byColonial Mutual that by opting out of my company pension scheme that I would lose my employer contributions that would have been paid into my company pension scheme.
- I felt pressured by Colonial Mutual into transferring my pension even though it posed a higher risk.
If any of the above statements are relevant, you could be entitled to:
- A full refund of the benefits you had lost when you transferred the pension to Colonial Mutual
- Statutory 8% interest in line with guidance issued by the Financial Ombudsman