Have you ever had a Pension Transfer with Legal and General?
You could be owed £1,000s in compensation if Legal and General mis-sold your Pension Transfer.
Many customers were advised by Legal and General to transfer their pension benefits from a work based pension to a private pension. In most cases these pensions would not provide any additional benefits, Legal and General did not tell their customers that transferring their pension would typically result in a loss of benefits such as a final salary scheme or matching contributions.
Some providers such as Legal and General promoted that the pension they offered would out perform the workplace pension, this would not be the case with a riskier stock based pension and the advice given to millions of clients has been condemned by the regulator of Legal and General.
Were you mis-informed by Legal and General about Transferring your pension?
You may have been mis-sold your Pension Transfer by Legal and General if any of the following comments are relevant to you:
- I was encouraged or mis-told by Legal and General to transfer my workplace pension regardless of it not being in my best interest.
- I was not told or given information by Legal and General about how my new pension plan would perform and work compared to my workplace pension plan.
- When I changed jobs my new employer encouraged/advised me to transfer to a personal pension or suggested that I should as they did not provide a pension scheme.
- I was not informed or informed by Legal and General that by opting out of my company pension scheme I would lose the guaranteed benefits that were associated with my company pension scheme.
- I was not informed or advised byLegal and General that by opting out of my company pension scheme that I would lose my employer contributions that would have been paid into my company pension scheme.
- I felt pressured by Legal and General into transferring my pension even though it posed a higher risk.
If any of the above reasons for complaint are relevant, you could be entitled to:
- A full refund of the benefits you had lost when you transferred the pension to Legal and General
- Statutory 8% interest in line with guidance issued by the Financial Ombudsman