Have you ever had a Pension Transfer with Liberty Life?
You could be owed £1,000s in compensation if Liberty Life mis-sold your Pension Transfer.
Many customers were informed by Liberty Life to transfer their pension benefits from a work based pension to a private pension. In most cases these pensions would not provide any additional benefits, Liberty Life did not tell their customers that transferring their pension would typically result in a loss of benefits such as a final salary scheme or matching contributions.
Some providers such as Liberty Life promoted that the pension they offered would out perform the workplace pension, this would not be the case with a riskier stock based pension and the advice given to millions of clients has been condemned by the regulator of Liberty Life.
Were you mis-informed by Liberty Life about Transferring your pension?
You may have been mis-sold your Pension Transfer by Liberty Life if any of the following comments are relevant to you:
- I was encouraged or mis-told by Liberty Life to transfer my workplace pension regardless of it not being in my best interest.
- I was not told or given information by Liberty Life about how my new pension plan would perform and work compared to my workplace pension plan.
- When I changed jobs my new employer encouraged/informed me to transfer to a personal pension or suggested that I should as they did not provide a pension scheme.
- I was not told or informed by Liberty Life that by opting out of my company pension scheme I would lose the guaranteed benefits that were associated with my company pension scheme.
- I was not informed or told byLiberty Life that by opting out of my company pension scheme that I would lose my employer contributions that would have been paid into my company pension scheme.
- I felt pressured by Liberty Life into transferring my pension even though it posed a higher risk.
If any of the above reasons for complaint are relevant, you could be entitled to:
- A full refund of the benefits you had lost when you transferred the pension to Liberty Life
- Statutory 8% interest in line with guidance issued by the Financial Ombudsman