Have you ever had a Pension Transfer with MGM Assurance?
You could be owed £1,000s in compensation if MGM Assurance mis-sold your Pension Transfer.
Many consumers were informed by MGM Assurance to transfer their pension benefits from a work based pension to a private pension. In most cases these pensions would not provide any additional benefits, MGM Assurance did not tell their consumers that transferring their pension would typically result in a loss of benefits such as a final salary scheme or matching contributions.
Some providers such as MGM Assurance promoted that the pension they offered would out perform the workplace pension, this would not be the case with a riskier stock based pension and the advice given to millions of clients has been condemned by the regulator of MGM Assurance.
Were you mis-informed by MGM Assurance about Transferring your pension?
You may have been mis-sold your Pension Transfer by MGM Assurance if any of the following comments are relevant to you:
- I was encouraged or mis-informed by MGM Assurance to transfer my workplace pension regardless of it not being in my best interest.
- I was not advised or given information by MGM Assurance about how my new pension plan would perform and work compared to my workplace pension plan.
- When I changed jobs my new employer encouraged/told me to transfer to a personal pension or suggested that I should as they did not provide a pension scheme.
- I was not advised or told by MGM Assurance that by opting out of my company pension scheme I would lose the guaranteed benefits that were associated with my company pension scheme.
- I was not told or informed byMGM Assurance that by opting out of my company pension scheme that I would lose my employer contributions that would have been paid into my company pension scheme.
- I felt pressured by MGM Assurance into transferring my pension even though it posed a higher risk.
If any of the above reasons for complaint are relevant, you could be entitled to:
- A full refund of the benefits you had lost when you transferred the pension to MGM Assurance
- Statutory 8% interest in line with guidance issued by the Financial Ombudsman