Have you ever had a Pension Transfer with Scottish Amicable?
You could be owed £1,000s in compensation if Scottish Amicable mis-sold your Pension Transfer.
Many consumers were informed by Scottish Amicable to transfer their pension benefits from a work based pension to a private pension. In most cases these pensions would not provide any additional benefits, Scottish Amicable did not tell their customers that transferring their pension would typically result in a loss of benefits such as a final salary scheme or matching contributions.
Some providers such as Scottish Amicable promoted that the pension they offered would out perform the workplace pension, this would not be the case with a riskier stock based pension and the advice given to millions of clients has been condemned by the regulator of Scottish Amicable.
Were you mis-told by Scottish Amicable about Transferring your pension?
You may have been mis-sold your Pension Transfer by Scottish Amicable if any of the following statements are relevant to you:
- I was encouraged or mis-advised by Scottish Amicable to transfer my workplace pension regardless of it not being in my best interest.
- I was not told or given information by Scottish Amicable about how my new pension plan would perform and work compared to my workplace pension plan.
- When I changed jobs my new employer encouraged/advised me to transfer to a personal pension or suggested that I should as they did not provide a pension scheme.
- I was not advised or informed by Scottish Amicable that by opting out of my company pension scheme I would lose the guaranteed benefits that were associated with my company pension scheme.
- I was not advised or advised byScottish Amicable that by opting out of my company pension scheme that I would lose my employer contributions that would have been paid into my company pension scheme.
- I felt pressured by Scottish Amicable into transferring my pension even though it posed a higher risk.
If any of the above reasons for complaint are relevant, you could be entitled to:
- A full refund of the benefits you had lost when you transferred the pension to Scottish Amicable
- Statutory 8% interest in line with guidance issued by the Financial Ombudsman