Have you ever had a Pension Transfer with Sun Life Financial Of Canada?
You could be owed £1,000s in compensation if Sun Life Financial Of Canada mis-sold your Pension Transfer.
Many consumers were informed by Sun Life Financial Of Canada to transfer their pension benefits from a work based pension to a private pension. In most cases these pensions would not provide any additional benefits, Sun Life Financial Of Canada did not tell their customers that transferring their pension would typically result in a loss of benefits such as a final salary scheme or matching contributions.
Some providers such as Sun Life Financial Of Canada promoted that the pension they offered would out perform the workplace pension, this would not be the case with a riskier stock based pension and the advice given to millions of clients has been condemned by the regulator of Sun Life Financial Of Canada.
Were you mis-told by Sun Life Financial Of Canada about Transferring your pension?
You may have been mis-sold your Pension Transfer by Sun Life Financial Of Canada if any of the following statements are relevant to you:
- I was encouraged or mis-informed by Sun Life Financial Of Canada to transfer my workplace pension regardless of it not being in my best interest.
- I was not advised or given information by Sun Life Financial Of Canada about how my new pension plan would perform and work compared to my workplace pension plan.
- When I changed jobs my new employer encouraged/advised me to transfer to a personal pension or suggested that I should as they did not provide a pension scheme.
- I was not told or advised by Sun Life Financial Of Canada that by opting out of my company pension scheme I would lose the guaranteed benefits that were associated with my company pension scheme.
- I was not advised or informed bySun Life Financial Of Canada that by opting out of my company pension scheme that I would lose my employer contributions that would have been paid into my company pension scheme.
- I felt pressured by Sun Life Financial Of Canada into transferring my pension even though it posed a higher risk.
If any of the above comments are relevant, you could be entitled to:
- A full refund of the benefits you had lost when you transferred the pension to Sun Life Financial Of Canada
- Statutory 8% interest in line with guidance issued by the Financial Ombudsman