Have you ever had a Pension Transfer with Eagle Star?
You could be owed £1,000s in compensation if Eagle Star mis-sold your Pension Transfer.
Many customers were told by Eagle Star to transfer their pension benefits from a work based pension to a private pension. In most cases these pensions would not provide any additional benefits, Eagle Star did not tell their customers that transferring their pension would typically result in a loss of benefits such as a final salary scheme or matching contributions.
Some providers such as Eagle Star promoted that the pension they offered would out perform the workplace pension, this would not be the case with a riskier stock based pension and the advice given to millions of clients has been condemned by the regulator of Eagle Star.
Were you mis-informed by Eagle Star about Transferring your pension?
You may have been mis-sold your Pension Transfer by Eagle Star if any of the following comments are relevant to you:
- I was encouraged or mis-advised by Eagle Star to transfer my workplace pension regardless of it not being in my best interest.
- I was not informed or given information by Eagle Star about how my new pension plan would perform and work compared to my workplace pension plan.
- When I changed jobs my new employer encouraged/advised me to transfer to a personal pension or suggested that I should as they did not provide a pension scheme.
- I was not advised or informed by Eagle Star that by opting out of my company pension scheme I would lose the guaranteed benefits that were associated with my company pension scheme.
- I was not informed or advised byEagle Star that by opting out of my company pension scheme that I would lose my employer contributions that would have been paid into my company pension scheme.
- I felt pressured by Eagle Star into transferring my pension even though it posed a higher risk.
If any of the above statements are relevant, you could be entitled to:
- A full refund of the benefits you had lost when you transferred the pension to Eagle Star
- Statutory 8% interest in line with guidance issued by the Financial Ombudsman