Have you ever had a loan or credit card with Lloyds Bank?
You could be owed £1,000s in PPI compensation if Lloyds Bank mis-sold you PPI.
Many people have been mis-sold payment protection insurance (PPI) by Lloyds Bank, customers were misinformed about their mortgage, loan or credit card, some customers were told by Lloyds Bank that their application for a loan/mortgage/credit card would be declined if they didn't take out PPI.
Start your claim today by completing the form opposite.
Lloyds Bank mis-sold PPI with various different products:
- Lloyds Bank Loan Insurance
- Lloyds Bank Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Lloyds Bank Credit Cards Repayment Protection Insurance
- Lloyds Bank Mortgage Protection Insurance
Have Lloyds Bank mis-sold you PPI?
You may have been mis-sold PPI by Lloyds Bank if any of the following is relevant to you:
- PPI was added to my loan/credit card/mortgage by Lloyds Bank without my knowledge.
- PPI was added to my loan/credit card/mortgage by Lloyds Bank without them fully explaining why.
- I was led to believe / I was told by Lloyds Bank that if I didn't take PPI my application would be refused.
- Lloyds Bank did not advise me that I could cancel the PPI policy within the cooling off period without penalty.
- I felt pressured by Lloyds Bank to take out PPI.
If any of the above statements are relevant, you could be entitled to:
- A full refund of premiums paid from Lloyds Bank.
- A full refund of any interest charged.
- Compensation interest at 8% per annum on the above sums.