Have you ever had a Packaged Bank Account with Alliance and Leicester?
You could be owed £1,000s in compensation if Alliance and Leicester mis-sold your Packaged Bank Account.
Many consumers have been upgraded to a Packaged Current Account by Alliance and Leicester. Usually Alliance and Leicester charge a monthly fee for a Packaged Bank Account which can range from £5 to £25 per month in return for extra benefits in the form of insurances such as Travel Insurance, Breakdown Cover, Gadget Cover & Card Protection.
Many consumers across the UK who were sold a Packaged Current Account from Alliance and Leicester won't be eligible to use any of the Insurance services that that were offered because of pre-existing medical conditions or pre-existing cover elsewhere. Alliance and Leicester may of enticed customers with an offer of a Loan, Mortgage or an Overdraft Facility for having a packaged bank account.
If you feel that Alliance and Leicester has given you wrong Financial Advice with your Packaged Account then start you claim by completing the form opposite.
Alliance and Leicester mis-sold their Packaged Bank Accounts in various ways:
Have you ever had any of the following:
- consumers were not made aware by Alliance and Leicester that they may not be eligible to claim on one or more of the bundled insurance policies.
- Alliance and Leicester sold a Packaged Accounts with bundled products that consumers would never need.
- Sales advisor pressured you into it, making you feel like you had no choice.
- Alliance and Leicester may have advised a customer they needed a Packaged Bank Account to be eligible for credit.
Have Alliance and Leicester mis-sold you a Packaged Bank Account?
- You did not ask Alliance and Leicester to upgrade your account to a "fee" paying account.
- The costs/fees of the Packaged Bank Account were not clearly explained by Alliance and Leicester either by an advisor or in writing.
- Alliance and Leicester did not explain the Packaged Account was optional.
- You were led to believe by Alliance and Leicester that you could have an overdraft, loan or mortgage if you had a packaged bank account.
- Alliance and Leicester did not ask about any pre-existing insurance policies you already had in place.
- Alliance and Leicester upgraded your account without your knowledge.
- Alliance and Leicester did not explain all of the additional products that were inclusive of the packaged account.
If any of the above statements are relevant, you could be entitled to:
- Refund of premiums from Alliance and Leicester that you paid for the package current account.
- Compensation interest at the rate of 8% per annum on the refunded premium.